domingo, 12 de febrero de 2012

I Will Always Love You

I am deeply saddened by the death of Whitney Houston. Her song “I Will Always Love You” has been my favorite since it came out. So many of my deepest memories are attached to this song it is probably the key soundtrack of my life. No one can sing it like she did. With her incredibly gifted voice she expressed beauty, elegance, spirituality, and in the lyrics, something I have always treasured, the memory of a great love for someone or something . How appropriate that this amazing woman who wowed us when she was just 19, died between Happy day and Valentines day. It is not really the timing of her death that confounds me, but that so many people who seem to have it all, really have so little. Let's wait and see why she died, although I think we all have an inkling. No ones life should be this tormented. One can only become more and more convinced that fame, success and money is not the key to a fulfilled life. Let's keep changing the granny glasses.. we have to find a better way.

1 comentario: