jueves, 9 de febrero de 2012

Acceptance

So,blogs today are a way of connecting and sharing thoughts and experiences.. And this is good. But I know thanks to Facebook ( although I always knew it) and I humbly accept that I will never be as good in math as my friend Sally, or as beautiful as my friend Brooke, or as rich as my friend Lisa or as traveled as my friend Martin,or as elegant as my friend Nancy or as spiritual as my friend Octavio, or unfortunately as in love as too many of my friends... but today I am more than ever thankful that I am me and that through thick and thin I have been true to my fundamental values. And that has been a challenge. I am not good in math, I am not beautiful, and I am not rich. But slowly I am becoming more spiritual, more connected with the world , happier and more at peace. I thank my children for that.. for they have taught me what it is to go through each step of life, one day a a time.
So be careful with what you say to your children because from my experience they provide an excellent opportunity for you to change the prescription of the old granny glasses you have. You are not too old , you need new glasses.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario